- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1 package (8 ounces) chopped dates
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup ground almonds, toasted
- In a microwave, warm apple juice. Stir in dates; let stand 5 minutes to soften, stirring occasionally. Remove dates from apple juice; discard liquid. Transfer dates to the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment; process until smooth. Add pecans and spices; pulse just until combined (mixture will be thick).
- Shape mixture into 1-in. balls; place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate, covered, 30-60 minutes.
- Roll date balls in almonds.
Test Kitchen tips
1 date ball: 109 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 12g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Honey Date Balls in Taste of Home February/March 2019