- 10 leftover biscuits (x-inch diameter)
- 3/4 cup apple butter
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 6 large eggs
- 2-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Cut biscuits crosswise in half. Spread apple butter over cut sides of biscuits. Replace tops. Cut each biscuit into quarters; arrange in a single layer in a greased 13×9-in. baking dish. Top with cheese, ham and parsley.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt, pepper and mustard. Pour over biscuits. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Remove strata from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, until puffed and edges are golden brown, 50-60 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
1 piece: 331 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 976mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as Apple Butter Breakfast Bake in Simple & Delicious December/January 2019