- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 8 cooked bacon strips
- 1/2 cup french-fried onions
- Lettuce leaves and sliced tomato, optional
- In a large bowl, combine Worcestershire sauce, garlic, seasoned salt and pepper. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat until a thermometer reads 160°, 5-7 minutes on each side. Top with cheese; grill, covered, until cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, ketchup, vinegar and honey; spread over cut sides of buns. Top bun bottoms with bacon, burgers, french-fried onions and, if desired, lettuce and tomato. Replace tops.
1 burger: 708 calories, 46g fat (16g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 1277mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 39g protein.
Originally published as Beehive State Burgers in Taste of Home April/May 2019