Balsamic Grilled Vegetables transform ordinary everyday veggies into a sensational side dish! A simple rosemary and garlic infused grilled vegetable marinade is tossed with fresh vegetables and grilled until tender and caramelized.
It’s incredible how good vegetables taste from the grill. Savory and smoky, there’s no better side dish for picnics or barbecues. You’ll never have trouble getting anyone to eat their veggies!
Best Grilled Vegetables
This is the best grilled vegetable recipe because it’s easy and so versatile! Good vegetables to grill are ones that will hold their shape and can be cut large enough not to fall through the grate. Here are some of the veggies that perform well on the grill, and are especially delicious prepared this way:
- Crunchy: bell pepper, broccoli, asparagus
- Flavor Packed: onion wedges or whole garlic cloves
- Tender: whole mushrooms, cherry or grape tomatoes, eggplant or zucchini slices
Grilled Vegetable Marinade
Start With a Great Marinade: No matter how you decided to serve your veggies, you will want to start by marinating them! It doesn’t have to be for long, even 20-30 minutes will infuse some flavor. Change up the marinade and spices so to match your main dish!
To Make Grilled Vegetables
- Cut the vegetables into slices, chunks or wedges.
- Whisk marinade ingredients together in a large bowl and toss with veggies.
- Marinate for up to 8 hours, mixing frequently to recoat.
Grill until soft and slightly charred. You can alter the marinade according to your preference.
- Acid: Use lemon or lime juice instead of, or in addition to the balsamic or wine vinegar.
- Herbs: Rosemary is especially delicious with grilled vegetable marinade. Other herbs that go well are oregano, thyme, marjoram, sage, and basil.
- Aromatics: Depending on what you’re serving this with, add in your favorites like garlic, minced green onion, ginger.
How to Grill Vegetables
Grilling mixed vegetables is super easy. You can either place slices or wedges straight on the grill, use skewers or, better yet, a grill basket.
- Grill Basket – This will prevent your veggie chunks and slices from falling through the grate. If you are using a grill basket, add fast-cooking veggies toward the end.
- Skewers – Similar to our grilled herb marinated veggie skewers, more prepping is involved, but we love serving these. If using wood skewers, soak them at least 30 minutes (or even overnight) so they don’t burn. There are tons of options for metal skewers as well, I find the really cheap ones rust so it’s better to make sure you get stainless steel!
- Grill Mat – I use a grill mat for almost everything, you still get the perfect grill marks and all of the flavor but avoid the flare ups plus nothing falls through! It’s a simple mat that goes right onto your grill. It’s great for things like bacon wrapped pork tenderloin or turkey burgers and smaller things like veggies and grilled asparagus!
- Straight on the Grill – Perfect for grilled eggplant or zucchini slices, especially if you slice them lengthwise. Plus, you get those pretty grill marks!
Serve these veggies with…
Balsamic Grilled Vegetables
Cook Time 10 minutes
Marinate Time 30 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 10 minutes
Toss these veggies on the grill next to your favorite meat for the perfect meal!
- 1 small zucchini sliced 1/2″ thick
- 1 red onion cut into wedges
- 1 bell pepper cubed
- 8 oz mushrooms halved
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine. Allow to marinate at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Remove vegetables from marinade and place in a grilling basket or on a grill mat (or thread onto skewers).
- Grill 8-12 minutes or until cooked to desired doneness.
- Serve immediately.
Calories: 114, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 12mg, Potassium: 499mg, Carbohydrates: 10g, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 6g, Protein: 3g, Vitamin A: 27.1%, Vitamin C: 67.1%, Calcium: 1.8%, Iron: 4.2%
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
REPIN this Grilled Recipe