Banana Breakfast Cookies are loaded with everything you need to get your day off to a good start. Oats, nuts and of course bananas!
This easy breakfast cookie recipe is reminiscent of our favorite banana bread recipe and is perfect to grab and go on a busy morning!
Cookies for Breakfast?
Breakfast cookies are soft cookies packed with nuts, dried fruits, and whole grains (and a few chocolate chips for good measure). The texture of these cookies is not like regular Chocolate Chip Cookies or Oatmeal Cookies because they don’t have much added fat and they do have a lot of moisture from the bananas.
The texture is more similar to a banana bread.
To Make Breakfast Cookies
Breakfast cookies require very little prep.
- Place all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together wet ingredients.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients, pour in the liquid and stir to combine.
- Drop spoonfuls on a parchment-lined cookie sheet, press with a fork to flatten. Bake, cool and serve.
You can substitute other nuts, seeds or dried fruit for the raisins and walnuts according to your preference. Almonds, peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, pepitas, dried currants or dates are all suitable options that will work equally well.
How to Store
Banana breakfast cookies will last in the refrigerator for four days, or in the freezer for up to four months. This makes them a convenient make-ahead cookie.
Remove as many as you need in the morning and return the rest to the freezer. They defrost quickly but can be microwaved for a few seconds to warm slightly if needed.
More Grab ‘n Go Breakfasts
We love these banana cookies because they make mornings simple and delicious. Just grab one of these on your way out the door and munch them on your way to work or school for a quick and filling breakfast on the go!
Banana Breakfast Cookies
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Easy breakfast cookies are perfect for any time of day!! Bananas, oats and nuts make these delicious.
- 3 bananas mashed
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips optional
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until well combined.
- Place heaping tablespoons on a parchment lined pan and gently press with a fork.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- Store in the refrigerator up to 4 days.
Nutritional information does not include optional ingredients.
Calories: 63, Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 7mg, Sodium: 7mg, Potassium: 105mg, Carbohydrates: 10g, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 2g, Protein: 2g, Vitamin A: 20%, Vitamin C: 1.4%, Calcium: 12%, Iron: 0.5%
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)