- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup amber beer or root beer
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 24 cooked bacon strips
- 12 lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Place chicken in a greased 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker; pour sauce over top. Cook, covered, on low until tender, 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken; shred with two forks. Return chicken to slow cooker; heat through. Serve on buns with bacon and lettuce.Freeze option: Freeze cooled, cooked chicken mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary.
1 sandwich: 401 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 1175mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as BBQ Bacon Pulled Chicken Sandwiches in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2019