- 2 cups diced peeled rutabaga
- 2 cups finely chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat apple cider vinaigrette
- Toss together all ingredients. Refrigerate, covered, to allow flavors to blend, about 3 hours.
Test Kitchen tip
1 cup: 126 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 144mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Rutabaga & Cabbage Slaw with Apple Cider Vinaigret in Simple & Delicious February/March 2019