- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1-3/4 cups 2% milk
- 1 package chocolate cake mix or devil’s food cake mix (regular size)
- 6 packages (1-1/2 ounces each) peanut butter cups, chopped
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- Vanilla ice cream or sweetened whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 13×9-in. baking pan. In a large bowl, combine pudding mix and milk until blended. Stir in cake mix (batter will be thick). Fold in peanut butter cups, peanut butter chips and chocolate chips. Spread into prepared pan. Sprinkle with peanuts.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs, 20-25 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream if desired.
Test Kitchen tip
1 piece: 349 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 373mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate-Peanut Butter Dump Cake in Simple & Delicious February/March 2019