- 2 kaiser rolls, split
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 can (6 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese, cubed
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 400°. Carefully hollow out each roll, leaving a 1/2-in. shell (save removed bread for another use). Spread inside of rolls with butter. In a large bowl, combine the crab, cheese, celery mayonnaise, parsley, seafood seasoning, if desired, and paprika; divide between rolls. Wrap each in foil and place on a baking sheet. Bake until cheese is melted, 15-20 minutes.
1 sandwich: 661 calories, 44g fat (16g saturated fat), 148mg cholesterol, 863mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 38g protein.
Originally published as Crabmeat Boats in Simple & Delicious February/March 2019