- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/3 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 2 to 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Baking cocoa, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the bananas, yogurt, oil and vanilla until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill 12 greased or foil-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 15-20 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. If desired, dust with baking cocoa. Serve warm.
1 muffin: 246 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 99mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Egg Free Double Chocolate Banana Muffins in Taste of Home February/March 2019