- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon grape jelly
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces uncooked thin spaghetti, halved
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef, green pepper, onion and garlic over medium heat until beef is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, 8-10 minutes, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain.
- Add water, tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder, jelly and salt. Bring to a boil. Stir in spaghetti. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until spaghetti is tender, 6-8 minutes.
Test Kitchen tips
1-1/2 cups: 431 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 843mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Skillet Spaghetti in Simple & Delicious February/March 2019