Cauliflower Salad is a deliciously crispy, crunchy, vegetable salad fully loaded! Tender roasted cauliflower is mixed with bacon and cheddar in a flavorful creamy dressing!
Potato Salad Reimagined
Nothing reminds us of fond childhood flavors like a classic potato salad, a summer time staple! Move over potato salad, this roasted cauliflower salad is our new (low carb) favorite side dish! This recipe can be made with raw cauliflower but we love the extra layer of flavor from roasting!
Instead of the same ol’ salads (which you know someone else is already bringing) take this beauty of a salad to your next potluck at work or church. Believe me, a cold cauliflower salad will earn you serious props with everyone!
How to Prepare Cauliflower
To Cut Cauliflower
- One regular sized head of cauliflower makes about 8 cups of chopped cauliflower pieces. Don’t cut it too small but just enough to compliment the other ingredients. A really beautiful cauliflower bacon salad will taste just as good as it looks, lots of contrast, color, and flavor!
- Remove the outer lower leaves and pull off any loose stem pieces, the florets will naturally fall apart. At this point you can cut them as large or small as you please, making sure to keep the pieces uniform in size.
How to Roast Cauliflower
- When roasting your cauliflower drizzle with olive oil and season before putting into a preheated oven! Let them roast in a shallow pan for about 15-20 minutes until the pieces are tender to the bite. Go ahead, sample a few! Put the remaining cauliflower in a bowl and place in the fridge to cool while you assemble the rest of the recipe.
How to Make Cauliflower Salad
While the cauliflower is cooling in the fridge
- Start by frying, cooling and crumbling the bacon.
- Slice and dice your vegetables and mix with the cheddar cheese.
- For the dressing, whisk together all ingredients until fully incorporated.
Now it’s time to assemble! Stir the cooled cauliflower with the other ingredients and gently toss with the dressing. Feeling creative? Try adding your favourite mix-ins!
- VEGGIES: Try adding broccoli or even shredded carrots for an additional crunch!
- CHEESE: Don’t have sharp cheddar cheese on hand? No worries, add in your favorite cheese or whatever you have on hand!
This keto cauliflower potato salad is best served super cold, so if you can make it a few hours in advance or even the day before, I highly recommend it!
More Delicious Salads
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Cauliflower Salad is such a crispy, crunchy, healthy vegetable salad! Best served extra cold!
- 1 head cauliflower about 8 cups
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup radishes sliced
- 1/2 cup celery diced
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 green onions sliced
- 4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sweet relish
- 1 teaspoon mustard or dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Toss cauliflower with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast 15-20 minutes or until tender crisp. Set aside to cool completely.
Whisk all dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
Place cooled cauliflower in a large bowl along with remaining ingredients. Toss with dressing.
Chill at least 2 hours before serving.
Amount per serving (0.5cup) — Calories: 152, Fat: 13g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 16mg, Sodium: 196mg, Potassium: 196mg, Carbohydrates: 4g, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 2g, Protein: 3g, Vitamin A: 3.4%, Vitamin C: 29.5%, Calcium: 5.4%, Iron: 2%
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)