- 1 bone-in pork shoulder roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1 can (28 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- Flour tortillas (8 inches), optional
- Cut roast in half; place in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with enchilada sauce, green pepper, onion and garlic. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. Remove meat from bone; discard bone. Shred pork with two forks and return to slow cooker.
- Stir in the cilantro, lime juice and lime peel; heat through. Serve with a slotted spoon on tortillas if desired.
1/2 cup pork: 162 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 280mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Slow cooker mexican pork in Taste of Home February/March 2019