- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) cornbread/muffin mix
- 1 package (3.40 ounces) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 4 cups whole milk
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Vanilla ice cream or sweetened whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk cornbread mix, pudding mix and milk until blended. Add eggs, molasses and spices; whisk until combined. Transfer to a greased 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to low; stir, making sure to scrape the sides well. Cover and cook 1 hour longer. Stir; cover and cook 1 hour longer. Stir; cover and cook until very thick, 30-60 minutes longer. Serve warm, with ice cream or whipped cream if desired.
Test Kitchen tip
2/3 cup: 330 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 526mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as New England Indian Pudding in Simple & Delicious February/March 2019