- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 4 slices Italian bread (1 inch thick), lightly toasted
- 1/2 cup sandwich giardiniera, drained and finely chopped
- 4 thin slices tomato
- Minced fresh parsley
- For aioli, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Sprinkle Parmesan into large nonstick skillet; heat over medium heat. Cook just until melted, about 2 minutes. Break eggs, 1 at a time, into a custard cup or saucer, then gently slide into pan over Parmesan. Immediately reduce heat to low. To prepare eggs sunny-side up, cover pan and cook until yolks thicken but are not hard, 4-5 minutes.
- Spread aioli over toasted bread. Top with giardiniera, tomato and egg. Sprinkle with parsley.
1 sandwich: 408 calories, 23g fat (5g saturated fat), 194mg cholesterol, 1188mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as Open-faced Aioli Sandwhich with Frico Egg in Taste of Home April/May 2019