- 20 cups water
- 1 bunch fresh mint (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large navel orange
- 1 to 2 tablespoons orange blossom water or 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 teaspoons orange extract
- Optional: orange slices and additional fresh mint
- Place water and mint in a 6-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on high until heated through, about 6 hours. Strain tea; discard mint.
- Whisk in sugar until dissolved. Cut orange crosswise in half; squeeze juice from orange. Stir in juice and orange blossom water. Transfer to a pitcher. Refrigerate until cold, 4-6 hours. Serve over ice with orange slices and additional mint, if desired.
Test Kitchen tips
1 cup (calculated without orange slices): 43 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 11g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Best mint tea EVER in Simple & Delicious April/May 2019