- 5 large Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large sweet orange pepper, sliced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (19 ounces) Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links
- Minced fresh thyme, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place the potatoes, sweet peppers, shallot and garlic in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with seasonings; toss to coat. Spread evenly over pan, leaving room for the sausage. Add sausage to pan.
- Bake, uncovered, until a thermometer inserted in sausage reads 160° and vegetables are tender, 30-35 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with fresh thyme before serving.
Test Kitchen tip
1 sausage link with 3/4 cup vegetables: 446 calories, 26g fat (8g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 1021mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as Potato and Pepper Sausage Bake in Simple & Delicious February/March 2019