- 1-1/2 pounds boneless round steak
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Hot cooked rice
- Cut steak into thin strips. Combine mustard, chili powder, salt, pepper and garlic in a bowl; add steak and toss to coat. Transfer to a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker; add tomatoes, onion, water and bouillon.
- Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 15 minutes. Quick-release pressure. Press cancel. Stir in beans; heat through. Serve with rice.
1 cup: 185 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 574mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Originally published as Beef and Beans in Skinny Instant Pot