- 4 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 large onions, sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup burgundy wine or beef broth
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked noodles
- Combine the first 12 ingredients in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 20 minutes. Let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes; quick-release any remaining pressure. Press cancel.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into pressure cooker. Select saute setting and adjust for low heat. Simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Serve with noodles. Freeze option: Place beef in freezer containers; top with sauce. Cool and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a covered saucepan, stirring gently and adding a little water if necessary.
1 cup: 347 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 811mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 40g protein.
Originally published as Beef Bourguignonne in Skinny Instant Pot