- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hot cooked rice
- Place chicken in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Top with mushrooms, celery, onion, bean sprouts, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts and edamame. In a small bowl, combine the broth, soy sauce, ginger and pepper flakes. Pour over chicken and vegetables.
- Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 3 minutes. Quick-release pressure. A thermometer inserted in chicken should read at least 170°. Press cancel.
- Select saute setting and adjust for low heat. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into meat mixture. Simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Serve with rice.
1 cup: 182 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 709mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Spicy Slow Cooker Chicken Chop Suey in Skinny Instant Pot