- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2-1/2 pounds), halved
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 2-1/4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- Place roast in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Mix all remaining ingredients except noodles; pour over roast. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 50 minutes. Let pressure release naturally. A thermometer inserted in beef should read at least 145°.
- Discard bay leaf. If desired, skim fat and thicken cooking juices. Serve pot roast with noodles and juices. Freeze option: Place pot roast in freezer containers; top with cooking juices. Cool and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a covered saucepan, stirring gently and adding a little water if necessary.
1 serving: 272 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 320mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Spiced Pot Roast in Skinny Instant Pot