- 1 jar (7 ounces) julienned oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 8 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup crushed saltines
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1 pound salmon fillet, skin removed, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 mini pretzel buns, toasted
- 16 hamburger dill pickle slices
- Place tomatoes and orange juice in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, until thickened, about 15 minutes. Cool completely. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in mayonnaise. Refrigerate until serving.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the feta, saltines, egg, red onion and dill. Place salmon in a food processor; pulse until coarsely chopped and add to feta mixture. Mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into eight 1-in.-thick patties.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add patties in batches; cook until golden brown, 3-4 minutes on each side. Serve on buns with mayonnaise mixture and pickles.
1 slider: 515 calories, 35g fat (8g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 738mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 20g protein.
Originally published as Dill / Feta Sliders with Tomato Orange Mayonnaise in Taste of Home April/May 2019