- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and extract. In another bowl, whisk flour, espresso powder, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in oats and white chips.
- Drop dough by scant 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until edges begin to brown, 12-15 minutes. Cool on pans 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Test Kitchen tips
1 cookie: 229 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Minty + Salty White Mocha Cookies in Taste of Home December 2018