- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease three 61/2-in. cast-iron skillets.
- In a large bowl, mix butter, brown sugar and vanilla until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, whisking to blend after each addition. In another bowl, mix flour, ground walnuts, baking powder, salt and baking soda; stir into butter mixture. Fold in walnuts and chocolate chunks.
- Spread into skillets. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs and top is golden, 30-35 minutes. Serve warm.
1 piece: 262 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 149mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Walnut Blondies with Chocolate Chunks in Taste of Home December 2018