- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1-3/4 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Optional ingredients: hot cooked rice, cubed avocado, chopped fresh tomato, sliced green onions and lime wedges
- Place chicken in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with salsa, corn, beans, diced tomatoes and chiles, sugar, salt and pepper. Cook, covered, on low until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, 3-4 hours. If desired, serve with optional ingredients.
1 chicken breast half with 1-1/2 cups bean mixture: 470 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 1270mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 11g fiber), 47g protein.
Originally published as Salsa Chicken in Taste of Home February/March 2019