- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups (8 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 14 refrigerated egg roll wrappers
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Mix first six ingredients. With one corner of an egg roll wrapper facing you, place about 1/3 cup filling just below center of wrapper. (Cover remaining wrappers with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Fold bottom corner over filling; moisten remaining wrapper edges with water. Fold side corners toward center over filling. Roll up tightly, pressing at tip to seal. Repeat.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry spring rolls, a few at a time, until golden brown, 3-4 minutes, turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels.
- Freeze option: Freeze uncooked spring rolls in freezer containers, spacing them so they don’t touch and separating the layers with waxed paper. To use, fry frozen spring rolls as directed, increasing time as necessary.
1 spring roll: 245 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 568mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as spanokopita spring rolls in Simple & Delicious February/March 2019