- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen bread dough dinner rolls, thawed
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- Place a 6-in. cake pan or small ovenproof saucepan in the center of a 10-in. cast-iron skillet. Cut each roll into thirds; roll each piece into a ball. Place along outer edge of skillet. Gently stack remaining balls on top of bottom layer, leaving some space between them. Cover and let rise until almost doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Microwave butter, garlic powder and red pepper flakes, covered, until butter is melted. Brush half of butter mixture over dough. Reserve remaining butter mixture.
- Bake until dough balls are set and beginning to brown, 15-18 minutes. Remove cake pan from skillet. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender, 5-7 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cream cheese, 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Add the mushroom mixture, artichokes and spinach.
- Spoon dip into center of skillet; sprinkle with red pepper and remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella. Brush rolls with remaining butter mixture; sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan. Bake until dip is heated through and rolls are golden brown, 10-15 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with additional red pepper flakes.
1/4 cup: 359 calories, 29g fat (10g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 526mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Cheesy Trio Artichoke & Spinach Dip in Cheese Megazine 2018