- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) fire-roasted diced tomatoes with garlic, undrained
- 2 medium red onions, chopped
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Baked pita chips
- Combine the first 11 ingredients in a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Cook, uncovered, on high, until thickened, 5-6 hours. Serve warm with pita chips.
Test Kitchen tips
1/4 cup: 48 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 152mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Tomato Apple Chutney in Simple & Delicious December/January 2019